Basic HTML Webpage: Introduction to HTML
The HTML describes the basic structure of web page using the markup. The building blocks of the web pages are called elements. The HTML elements are represented by tags.
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>Example Page Title</title> </head> <body> <h1>This is the example heading</h1> <p>This is an example paragraph</p> </body> </head>
- In the above example, DOCTYPE indicates the HTML document to be HTML5.
- The whole HTML codes is placed within the tags <html> and </html>.
- The <head> and </head> contains meta informations of the html page.
- All the visible parts of an HTML page goes between the tags <body> and </body>.
- The <h1> and </h1> tags are used to wirte the largest heading in the html document.
- A paragraph in the HTML document is written within <body> and closing tag </body>.