The HTML describes the basic structure of web page using the markup. The building blocks of the web pages are called elements. The HTML elements are represented by tags.
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>Example Page Title</title> </head> <body> <h1>This is the example heading</h1> <p>This is an example paragraph</p> </body> </head>
- In the above example, DOCTYPE indicates the HTML document to be HTML5.
- The whole HTML codes is placed within the tags <html> and </html>.
- The <head> and </head> contains meta informations of the html page.
- All the visible parts of an HTML page goes between the tags <body> and </body>.
- The <h1> and </h1> tags are used to wirte the largest heading in the html document.
- A paragraph in the HTML document is written within <body> and closing tag </body>.