Introduction to Microprocessor Notes – Basics of Microprocessors
Introduction to Microprocessor Notes: Are you searching for Introduction to Microprocessor Notes? Then you are in the right place. Here you will learn the basics of Microprocessors.
Introduction to Microprocessor Notes
What is a Microprocessor?
A microprocessor is a multipurpose, programmable, clock-driven, register-based electronic device that reads binary instructions from a storage device called memory, accepts binary data as input and processes data according to those instructions, and provides results as output.
- Microprocessors are the most important parts of the computers. They acts like the brain of the computer system.
- Microprocessor can also be written as µP which is pronounced as Mu.
- The speed and processing capacity of a computer can be measured by the processor capacity.
A typical programmable machine can be represented with four components: microprocessor, memory, input and output.
These four components are working together or interact with each other to perform a given task. Thus these four components are together called as a system.
- The physical components of this system are called hardware.
- A set of instructions written for the microprocessor to perform a task is called a program.
- The group of programs is called a software.
Block Diagram of Computer
Block Diagram of a Micro Computer
A computer with microprocessor as CPU is known as micro computer.
Block diagram of Micro Controller
A semiconductor fabrication technology become more enhanced, manufactures where able to place not only microprocessor unit but also memory and I/O interfacing circuit on a single chip. This is known as micro controller unit. It forms the pat of the device which is to be controlled. Which is used for industrial control processed control instrumentation etc.