C is one of the widely used computer programming languages. These are the advantages of C language:
Advantages of C Language
- C is a structured programming language.
- C is a high-level programming language.
- It is a machine independent language.
- C is a robust language.
- C comes with inbuilt functions (Library Functions).
- C language combines the capabilities of an assembly language with features of a high-level language. (Do you know? Some of the C compilers are coded in C language itself…!).
- C is many times faster than the BASIC language.
- C language has only 32 keywords.
- C language is a highly portable language (Programs written in one OS platform will work in other platforms).
- Can be extended (more functions can be added to the header files).
In this section, we are discussed benefits/ features/ importance of the C language; in the future sections, we will go through the programming with C.